SURFIVOR SURF CAMP
Learn to Surf and experience a great surf camp holiday in Portugal. Meet people from all over the world and enjoy the lively city of Porto and the beautiful north region of Portugal with plenty of uncrowded surf spots begging to be found.
Visit us at
Marcel at Cortegaca© 2014 - J. Carcavelos
THE SURF HOUSE
- Surf Hostel, Surf School, Apartments, Rent, Yoga
- Open all year
- 25 Pax capacity
- Beachfront, near to all the best surf spots
- Only 30. min from Oporto airport with Low Cost flights from Europe
- Ideal for single travelers, couples, groups and families
- Quality and clean accommodation in private rooms, shared rooms and apartments for groups or families
Private single, double or twin rooms,breakfast included;
starting at € 115 /week in Low season;
Shared 4-6 person rooms (hostel type), breakfast included;
starting at € 90/week in Low Season;
Surf Camp Package
includes Accommodation, breakfast, surf school + full day equipment, Yoga(JUN-SEP), free WiFi, pickup from train
starting at 350€ / week
Bed & Breakfast Option
Bed & Breakfast, free WiFi, pickup from train
starting at € 90 / week in Low Season
- Breakfast buffet from 8:30 – 10:00
- Communal kitchen with a dishwasher, oven and microwave available
- Food corner offering drinks & snacks
- Free Wi-Fi , SAT-TV, FUEL TV, Surf movies, Magazines, Games
- Outdoor terrace with shaded seating
- Garden with BBQ, hammocks, tables and games
- Reception: open from 09:00 – 19:00 hours; Information, Maps, Internet, Print
- Check-In: from 14:00 - 19:00 hours
- Check-Out: from 08:00 - 12:00 hours
- Children under 2 years stay free of charge in a baby cot
- Children from 3 to 12 years are charged 50 % of the room stay per night per person for extra bed
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Pets are not allowed
Food & Drinks:
- Breakfast buffet from 8:30 – 10:00
- Communal kitchen with dish washer, oven, coffee/tea
- Restaurants, Cafés, Bakery and Beach Bars in walking range
- Supermarkets in walking range
- Disco’s and Night Clubs, Irish Pub, Bars in walking range
Other things to do:
- Horse riding
- Kite surfing
- Hiking, Jogging and Cycling
- Visit Porto’s cultural center
- Wine tasting tours
- Buy fresh fish directly on the beach
- Visit a traditional market in Espinho on Mondays
Surfivor Surf School is certified by the Portuguese Surfing Federation Offering Surfing Lessons and Surf Camps since 2004. We are the first surf camp in the region!
Every year, hundreds of people from all over the world learn to surf at Surfivor and our experience and professionalism guarantee for a quality service and a great surfing experience in Portugal!
Surf School opens from APRIL - OCTOBER
- FPS Qualified, professional Surfing Instructors
- Certified Surf School by Portuguese Surfing Federation
- Weekly surf courses from MON – FRI
- Including theory and video coaching
- Beginner and Intermediate level
- Student / Instructor ratio of 6:1
- Surf Insurance available
- Surf Shuttle and spot transfer when required
- Yoga lessons available
- New Surf boards - QUIKSILVER, BIC, NSP, Southpoint, Epoxy and Fiberglass
- All models – Longboards, Shortboards, Fish, Evolution, Soft boards, Body Boards, Skimming
- Quality Wetsuit (Rip Curl, Excel, Prolimit)
- Skateboards: Longboards and Old School
- Balance Boards
- Local Beach Break in front of Surf House
- Ideal for Beginners and Intermediates
- Best period from APR - OCT
- Consistent Atlantic swells
- Wetsuit: Summer - 3,2mm / Winter – 4,3mm
- Great variety of nearby Surf Spots
The Classic Esmoriz Surf Camp Right At The Beach
Our classic Surfivor Camp since 2004 is located in the small fishing village of Esmoriz, just 25 km south of Porto. Esmoriz is an amazing surfing community with a beautiful sandy beaches and quality waves for every level, surrounded by friendly people with a true passion for surfing.
Here you can enjoy the quietness and the perfect beach front location, only a stone throw away.
The town of Esmoriz has a variety of typical Portuguese restaurants that serve delicious fish and seafood and there are several beach bars, cafés and little markets within walking range from the Surf Camp.
Surfivor Surf Camp Modern Lifestyle Right At The BeachGuests staying at Surfivor in Esmoriz will not only be living directly by the sea, but also encounter the best amenities to make their surf holiday a wonderful experience. There is a fully equipped kitchen available for self-catering and a dining area with TV, Internet and a small library, a large sunny garden area with shaded seating and hammocks, perfect to chill and relax in the sun. Free Wi-Fi is available in the entire Surf Camp area.
Oporto international Francisco Sa Carneiro airport is only 35 km away and easy to reach by Taxi or public transport. Guests also have the possibility to order our airport shuttle available on arrival and departure.
New Surf Hostel in Oporto
The brand new Surfivor Surf Hostel in the center of Oporto opens its doors in 2014 and it’s the perfect option to combine a fantastic summer surfing holiday and Porto’s massively atmospheric city life, with a wide choice of cultural events and attractions as well as a vibrant nightlife on offer. This is the best place for your Surf Porto holiday.
Our ocean front Surf Hostel in Porto is located in Foz do Douro, one of Porto’s oldest and most beautiful quarters. It’s within walking range from all the best surf spots in Porto, where our surf lessons take place. The nearby beach of Matosinhos is excellent for beginners to learn how to surf.
With just a short distance to the city center you will encounter a wide choice of bars, clubs, restaurants and many cultural attractions, that will make you discover the laid back and friendly lifestyle of the Portuguese!
Guests will find all necessary amenities to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. The Surf Hostel has a fully equipped kitchen and a dining area available to prepare your meals. The reception offers services like printing, internet, information and more. A cozy living room with ocean view, fire place, TV, Internet and a small library is ideal to relax. The sunny outside terrace and large garden area with shaded seating and hammocks are perfect to chill and enjoy the sun. Free Wi-Fi is available in the entire Surf Hostel area.
Ocean view rooms right in the center of one of Europe's most vibrant cities.Oporto international Francisco Sa Carneiro airport is only 12 km away and easy to reach by Taxi or public transport. Near the Surfivor Porto Surf Hostel there are bus stations, classic old city trams as well as the Metro. Check In is from 08:00am – 20:00pm!
- Low cost flights to Oporto airport; airport shuttle upon request
- Direct train connection from airport to Esmoriz
Our Surfivor girls...© 2014 - Matt Green
LocationsSpain + Portugal » CortegacaSpain + Portugal » EspinhoSpain + Portugal » MatosinhosSpain + Portugal » Leça
ServicesSurf School Schools with qualified surf instructors offering lessons and courses with equipment hire to individuals or groups, whether you are a total beginner, an intermediate surfer or an experienced surfer looking to improve your ability. Surf Camp Surf camps can offer a variety of types of accommodation such as apartments, hotels, rooms, camping or dormitories together with food, surf lessons and group activities. Often included are guided surf tours of the best local spots along with surf hire, videos, photography, professional coaching and even some night life. Self Catering These businesses offer accommodation with the facilities to prepare your own food and meals. Camping Somewhere to pitch a tent or park your camper van. Facilities vary but can include showers, barbecues, electricity and water hook ups as well as a shop and eating or picnic areas. Accommodation Surfer friendly places to stay near some great surf spots. Including camp-sites, hostels, hotels, B&Bs and surf lodges. Local Information Information about the local area, not always from a surfers perspective. Guided Surf Tours Experienced guides with local knowledge who offer surf trips and tours to the best breaks and secret spots by boat, 4x4 or bus. Womens These businesses specialise in working with women surfers or women wanting to learn to surf. Yoga and Surfing Surf trips and holidays with the added benefit of learning and practising Yoga or Pilates to enhance your flexibility, balance and spiritual well being.