Surfline Labs is the playground in which we’re free to imagine the next generation of surf and marine products. Using machine learning, ocean facing cameras and ocean, beach and satellite sensors our small team is building innovative real-time data sets and turning these into product features that deliver new, actionable insights to our active user base of more than 4 million people. Your role will be to help us implement prototype product features in our dedicated Surfline Labs user facing iOS app.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to the product development, mission, and success – way beyond checking off development tasks.
- Build new features (and squash bugs) on the Surfline Labs iOS app using Swift.
- Dedicate yourself to constantly learning and advancing your mobile development skills.
- Solve tough problems with clear and simple solutions using your innate engineering creativity.
- Work closely with other engineers in a small, informal team environment.
- Ship code often in a fast-paced agile environment with continuous deployment.
What We're Looking For
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree.
- Experience building complex applications for iOS devices using Swift and numerous cocoa frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented software development.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment with a version control system like git.
- A strong ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- A passion for mobile that borders on fanaticism.
You May Also Have
- An app in the App Store.
- An understanding of native app CI/CD.
- A passion for the ocean and/or beach-related activities.
- A good joke or interesting story to tell. Apply HERE.
Cover shot by Aaron Pierce